Jul 31, 2011 at 3:14 PM
Edited Sep 24, 2011 at 7:36 PM
Just a few ideas on where this project might go in the future...
- Path Preview - For edited paths a WYSIWYG representation of the path before and after processing.
- Node Reduction - This would be way more work, and possibly quite hardcore, but a great feature if combined with the above.
Issues in implementing the above...
- Path Preview - How would this work if it's a whole XAML document, and perhaps one which is dependent on other files? One path at a time seems best for this, but not the most efficient for a user with 500 paths in one document.
- Node Reduction - Question of free time, motivation and the benefit of doing it - this is already supported in Illustrator itself.
Previous ideas which have progress...
- SVG Path Compression - This was easier than I anticipated, and has been released in
v7835. Testing on some stock SVG files gave an impressive average of 37% compression for the whole document.